Julia Maisen grew up among the computers and fog of Silicon Valley. Now she paints pictures and writes the many stories that pop into her head. She’s currently working on several projects including a picture book about a dragon obsessed boy and the birthday present he doesn’t want, a graphic novel involving an octopus’s unexpected trip to the local aquarium and a non-fiction novelty book about rocks.
She’s currently seeking representation and is available for commissions.
Awards & Credits:
- SCBWI Asilomar Conference Scholarship Recipient
- “Art Education on the Cheap”, SCBWI Bulletin
- Master’s in Children’s Illustration from Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge
- B.A. in Physics from Sonoma State University
- Illustration Master Class
- Noah Bradley’s Art Camp
- Making Picture Book Magic
- School of Visual Learning
© 2023 Julia Maisen. All Rights Reserved.